Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day




In North America an annual national holiday marked by religious obeservances and a tradition al meal including turkey. The holiday commemorates a harvest festival celebrated by the pilgrims in 1621, and is held in the US on the fourth Thursday in November. A similar holiday is held in Canada, usually on the second Monday in October.


Thanksgiving has its roots in religious and cultural tradition, and has long been celebrated in secular manner as well.

Thanksgiving was founded as a religious observance for all the members of the community to give god for a common purpose. Historic reasons for community thanksgiving are: the 1541 thanksgiving mass after the expedition of francsisco Vasquez de Coronado safely crossing the high plains of Texas and finding game.



 My reflection is that I’m thanks that I have my family and that I’m going to be with them in thanksgiving I’m thanks that my parents are living. I’m thanks for this beautiful life that god just give to me. I’m thanks for my house that we have and that in the house with can be. I’m just thanks for this life that I have. 

1 comment: